For $12, you can get 6 fl. oz of H2O brand facial mud mask. The formal name is Spa H2O Seaweed Mud Treatment. Ingredients include Kaolin clay, water silt, sea botanicals, and marine extracts.
H2O isn’t necessarily a cheap makeup or skincare brand, but $12 is quite a nice price. Mine actually came from TJ Maxx. It cost $5.99.
This facial mud mask is supposed to tone, improve and purify the skin. It can be used for face or body.
I love a good facial and was excited to try it.
Facial Mud Mask Spa H2o Seaweed Mud Treatment Review
Quality and Performance (4 points total. 40% weight.)
- The formula is watery and thin — at least thinner than I expected.
- I was surprised that the formula is so thin. Most mud masks are thick and creamy.
- The formula did not lather on as smoothly as most mud masks do. I didn’t like that.
- However, the formula felt cool and comfortable on the skin.
- It took little time to dry.
- Once dry, it didn’t “clay” like other mud masks. Really, the dried version felt comfortable too.
- The formula took a while to wash off. But skin felt soft and smooth afterwards.
- Skin definitely felt replenished after use.
Feel (2 points total. 20% total.)
- The wet formula was runny but felt nice on the skin.
- The dry formula didn’t feel too heavy or stiff.
- Skin didn’t feel harsh tingle after application. (Another facial mud mask did that, and it was unpleasant.)
- After formula washed off, skin felt smooth and refreshing.
- The overall feel was great.
Irritations (3 points total. 30% weight.)
- No irritations.
Packaging (1 point total. 10% weight.)
- Like the packaging.
- It’s simple, easy-to-use, and 6 fl. oz is a lot of solution.
- However, flip-top looks flimsy and may break after multiple uses.
- Replenishing face mask.
- Felt great on the skin — wet or dry.
- Left skin soft and smooth.
- Short drying time.
- No irritations.
- After a few weeks’ use, the skin does look tighter and brighter.
- Runny formula.
- Hard to apply.
- Harder to wash off.
- Contains a strong fragrance.
Overall, the mask is lovely. Also, I see improvement in the skin’s quality. I do believe this facial mud mask by H2O is worth the investment.
Read: Soon Jung 5.5 Toner Review
Don’t you love home facial mud masks? What other mud masks do you suggest?