Folding electric bikes are becoming increasingly popular as people look for alternative ways to commute to work. Now that energy costs are rising dramatically, and the cost of the daily commute has increased too, more and more people are searching for cheaper ways to get to the office. However, it’s not just about cost.
As a nation, we have certainly become more health conscious. The recent surge in the popularity of cycling can be traced back to the period of lockdowns as governments around the world attempted to reduce the impact of the pandemic. During 2020, cycling was seen as an acceptable form of exercise and provided a great excuse for people to get out of the house during lockdown periods. Due to a combination of increased numbers of working from home or sitting idle on furlough, and the continuation of normal wages without the normal sources of entertainment to spend them on, sales of electric bicycles skyrocketed. As a result, many new ebike owners are looking forward to warmer spring weather so they can get more use out of their electric bicycles.
UK ebike brands, such as Brompton and Wisper, were excellently poised to take advantage of this new-found lust for commuting by bicycle, and sales of their folding electric bikes increased at a higher rate than traditional fixed frame models.
We have looked at why folding electric bikes performed so impressively over the last few years and have identified five main reasons why you should consider choosing a folding electric bike too.
1. Portability: Folding electric bikes are incredibly portable and can be easily stored when not in use. This is especially convenient for those who live in apartments or have limited storage space.
2. Convenience: Folding electric bikes are convenient for those who need to travel long distances, as they can be easily stored on trains, buses, and other forms of public transportation. This eliminates the need for a separate vehicle and reduces the cost of transportation.
3. Eco-Friendliness: Folding electric bikes are a more eco-friendly option compared to traditional gasoline-powered vehicles. They produce zero emissions and are powered by rechargeable batteries, reducing the carbon footprint and helping to preserve the environment.
4. Cost-Effective: Folding electric bikes are a cost-effective option compared to traditional vehicles. With no fuel costs, maintenance costs are reduced, and they are a great investment for those who need to travel short distances on a regular basis.
5. Health Benefits: Folding e-bikes, such as the 806 Folding electric bike by Wisper, provide an excellent way to exercise while commuting. Pedalling helps to improve cardiovascular health and strengthens the muscles, making it an excellent alternative to driving or taking public transportation. Despite the assistance from the motor, a folding electric bike can still offer a great source of exercise, and the smooth power delivery means that the impact of exercise on the joints is massively reduced too.
In conclusion, folding electric bikes are a versatile, eco-friendly, cost-effective, and healthy option for those who need to travel short distances. They provide a convenient and portable mode of transportation and are a great investment for the future, so it’s the perfect choice for the commuter. Standard bicycles, or fixed frame electric bikes are great for riding to work, however folding electric bikes offer extra benefits to commuters, by increasing convenience and safer storage.
So if you are considering buying an electric bike to commute to work his year, we highly recommend looking at some of the excellent deals available for folding electric bikes.