Finding the perfect pair of sunglasses can be a daunting task. With so many styles and frames to choose from, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. However, one of the key factors that can help simplify your search is identifying your face shape. Once you know your face shape, you can narrow down your options and choose sunglasses that enhance your features and suit your style. In this article, we will guide you through the process of finding sunglasses that complement your face shape.
How to determine your face shape
Before you start shopping for sunglasses, you need to determine your face shape. There are generally six main face shapes: round, oval, square, heart, diamond, and oblong. To figure out your face shape, follow these steps:
a. Pull your hair back and look in the mirror.
b. Examine the outline of your face.
c. Compare your face to the descriptions below:
- Round: Your face is roughly as wide as it is long, with soft, curved edges.
- Oval: Your face is slightly longer than it is wide, with balanced proportions and gentle curves.
- Square: Your face has strong angles and a prominent jawline.
- Heart: Your face is wider at the forehead and narrows towards the chin, resembling an inverted triangle.
- Diamond: Your face is narrow at the forehead and jawline, with cheekbones as the widest point.
- Oblong: Your face is longer than it is wide, with a more rectangular shape.
How to choose sunglasses that complement your face shape
Once you’ve identified your face shape, you can start searching for sunglasses that enhance your natural features:
- Opt for angular and geometric frames to add definition and balance.
- Rectangular, square, or cat-eye frames work well.
- Lucky you! Oval faces can pull off various frame shapes.
- Experiment with different styles, from aviators to rectangular frames.
- Choose rounded or oval frames to soften your strong angles.
- Rimless or semi-rimless sunglasses can also work wonders.
- Look for frames that mimic your face shape by being wider at the top and narrower at the bottom.
- Cat-eye, butterfly, or rimless frames are great choices.
- Highlight your cheekbones with frames that have detailing or distinctive browlines.
- Oval, rimless, or semi-rimless frames can complement your features.
- Go for wider frames with a horizontal emphasis to add width.
- Oversized, rectangular, or aviator frames are excellent options.
- Consider Your Skin Tone and Personal Style:
What else to do to find the perfect sunglasses?
In addition to your face shape, your skin tone and personal style also play a significant role in finding the perfect sunglasses. Consider the following tips:
- Skin Tone:
- Warmer skin tones (with undertones like yellow or olive) typically look great with earthy tones, warm colors, and gold accents.
- Cooler skin tones (with undertones like pink or blue) tend to suit cool colors, silver accents, and jewel tones.
- Personal Style:
- Your sunglasses should align with your personal style, whether it’s classic, trendy, retro, or minimalist.
- Experiment with various materials, colors, and embellishments to find frames that reflect your style.
Finding sunglasses that flatter your face shape is a rewarding endeavor. By identifying your face shape and considering your skin tone and personal style, you can confidently choose frames that not only improve your vision but also enhance your overall appearance. Remember, the right pair of sunglasses can be a stylish accessory that complements your unique features and personality. So, embrace your face shape and start exploring the world of eyewear with confidence!